Suggestions For Planting A 2.5g Tank

1. D

Das96 Member Member

hello,

I want to add plants to my tank. Some stuff that will do well in a low tech envirorment. The tank is a 2.5 MiniBow with a single betta. the substrate is pool filter sand. Just today I added half a tab of of API root tabs. I also add 1ml of API leaf zone once every other week The lighting is just my rooms light (the light on the tank broke, and I don't know where to get a replacement hood). Currently the only plant I plan to get within the week is dwarf sag, but I want a few other plants in there. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

2. Rtessy

Rtessy Well Known Member Member

Hi, I would suggest an aubias, some type of moss (java is common but people often don't like the growth pattern and prefer something like flame moss), java ferns, and maybe some marimo moss balls. You could also try some floating plants if it's lit from above, such as duckweek (very messy though), dwarf water lettuce (might be too big), frogbit, salivina minima, and red root floaters. I have an anubias in my 1.8g, and I had dwarf hairgrass until I had to temporarily move some rabbit snails in... darn things ate it all

3. sleow

sleow Member Member

Anubias would be a good option for you because it is slow growing and does not need to be planted in substrate. In fact it does best when it is simply tied or anchored to a piece of decor. A lot of the other low light plants would quickly take over a 2.5g tank.

4. OP
    OP
    D

Das96 Member Member

5. Rtessy

Rtessy Well Known Member Member

Yes, that should work

6. OP
    OP
    D

Das96 Member Member

long term?