suggestions for my tank

1. quercus29 Initiate Member

hi, i'm new here. i'm in the process of setting up a new tank and moving some fish around. i've got a tank with balas and zig zag eels, they started out as babiies and are getting biiiiiig! so i'm moving them into a bigger tank. there's a also a redtail shark in there, and he's beautiful, but mean mean mean. he chases the balas around all day. so i'm thinking of putting him in with my malawi chichlids. i figure, they are all kind of aggressive so maybe they'll leave each other mostly alone. what do you think?

thanks.

2. Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

Welcome to fishlore quercus29!!!
    ive moved your thread out of someone elses that way you can get help for your own tank :)

3. quercus29 Initiate Member

thanks alot!

happy holidays to you too

4. Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

your welcome!!!
    can you tell us what tanks your are moving the fish too? I can tell you bala's need at least 100g tank as adults..they can get over a foot big and are very skittish fish..sometimes they startle so much, they can break a tank from running into it.....your rts will need 30g or more but 30g minimum ...with allot of hiding spots to call his own...as you know, they dont play nice in tanks and are very territorial...malawis and rts require different water parimeters and he will be picked on too much in an african cichlid tank..they are mostly species only ...good luck!

5. Meenu Fishlore VIP Member

welcome to fl!

6. bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

Welcome to Fishlore! Great advice from Shawnie.