Suggestions For A High Activity 10 Gallon Community Tank ? 10 Gallon Tank

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by Hego_Damask, Apr 12, 2018.

1. Hego_Damask

Hego_Damask Valued Member Member

Hello FL

I have a 10 gallon planted tank that [hopefully] cycles soon, & I wanted to set up a community tank with a good amount of activity. The tank previously hosted a lone Betta, R.I.P Whis, & I wanted to go the other route.

I saw someone post that they were going to try 10-12 chili rasboras, 3 Endlers & some shrimp. Is that viable for a 10 gallon ?

What other combo’s can I have for a planted 10 gallon ?

2. abijitto

abijitto Valued Member Member

Well, that amount of raspboras are too much for a 10 gallons tank. If I were in your place, I would have only kept the shrimps there. But, if you want to add the endlers you will be fine. Your tank may not look all that full but it will still be a healthy one. If you can't sacrifice the rasboras then sacrifice the endlers and keep only 6 rasboras with the shrimps. Hope you decide soon

3. OP
    OP
    Hego_Damask

Hm. Ideally, I want to go for optimal activity, without sacrificing health.

I’m not opposed to getting a larger filter, if needed. It’s already medium-planted & I do weekly wc’s

So basically I can only have one small school of smaller sized fish ? Dang

4. dwarfpufferlover

dwarfpufferlover Well Known Member Member

You could throw a mystery snail in there, they are active.

5. OP
    OP
    Hego_Damask

Yeah, probably going with a school of chili’s + some endlers

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice