Suggestions For A Betta Sorority Tank

Danthefishlover135

Reaction score
This summer I'm planning to setup a betta sorority tank. What suggestions and experiences do you guys have to help me so I can setup a good home for the bettas. There is going to be 3 cory cats in there with them fyi.

FriarThomasIII

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
You need at least a 20 gallon for 3-5 bettas (odd numbers for some reason work best) and there needs to be at least 6 corydoras. I'd say a thirty gallon for them all would be best, maybe a school of nano fish that aren't super active.

Platylover

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I think emmys stock is good, but make sure to get at least 7. 7 is typically the best minimum to have for a sorority and they also need to be in odd number groups to help spread the aggression out.

Fanatic

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Yes, seven is the minimum in a 20 long, but I am not sure of the maximum?
I think if you were doing only female bettas, you'd be able to put even more in there.

Piaelliott

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Yes.
- the tank needs to be heavily planted so that the fish can get away from each other. A few plants should reach all the way to the top
- corydoras need to be temperature compatible
- be prepared that you might need to remove a fish. Have a backup plan.

Platylover

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
No, a high does not provide enough room for them to get away if something goes wrong even with heavy planting. I wouldn’t suggest it. Cories likely wouldn’t work in there either.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom