suggestions for a 90 gal tank?

shawnw

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
any suggestion on a skimmer for a 90 gallon tank?

Aquarist

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hello Shawnw,

Hopefully some of our salt tank members will respond today.

Ken

lorabell

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Hey there and welcome...I am very new at the salty side(72 gal BF Reef),37 gal Sea Horse tank,20 gal kinda a frag set-up.......but on my 72 I use a G-series Skimmer.....I love it and it does a fabulous job anmd is very user friendly.....no hassels whatt so ever....b4 I had this one I had a huge whisper one....it was a nightmare....dont know if this helps....just my:

ATP

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
are you looking for a HOB or in sump?

I've used Euro Reef which skims amazingly. The only problem is there's like tons of bubbles in the chamber which is good, but a lot of it also goes out of the skimmer.

I also have an ASM 400+ which is ok. Its just big, but nothig special.

I also really like Reef Octopus Extreme skimmers. I've seen them and they looked great.

What I would get if I changed skimmers would be SWC cone skimmers. THey're cheap, but good skimmers.

shawnw

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
the sea clone?? from foster and smith??

Stang Man

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
shawnw said:
the sea clone?? from foster and smith??
Do a venturI type if you can afford it. I alway's suggest a skimmer that is 3-4 times the water volume of a tank people say double but this is an opinion that I totally disagree with.

kloseo

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
really I had bad luck with the sea clone went thru two of them, had leaks on the floor and finally gave up on sea clone . I used the sea clone at my school because it was a cheaper skimmer but like I said above nothing but trouble. I use an aqua c remora at home and it has worked great, have used it for nearly two years and not had a single problem... it cost more than the sea clone, but well worth it

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads