Suggestions For A 265 Gallon Freshwater Tank

Discussion in 'Freshwater Aquarium Builds' started by Dan Cibotaru, Jun 18, 2018.

1. Dan Cibotaru

Dan CibotaruNew MemberMember

Hello everyone. I would like some help to stock my future 265 gallon freshwater tank. I am new forums so i am not sure if i am posting in the right thread :/
    Also, i am french so my english probably isn't the best.

I already have a 12 gallon tank and i would want to buy a custom made 265 gallon tank (i know someone who can make me one) but i am not sure if the stocking is good so i would like help.

My idea would be :
    1 oscar
    2 severums
    1 blood parrot
    1 jade eyed cichlid
    1 pleco
    what else should i add ?

I want to know if they are compatible, if this is over/understocked. Thank you in advance,
    Dan.

Also, I kind of like frontosa but i heard they like to be in groups and i don't think there will be enough room for them

Edit : I will not make a long tank but a cubic one : 110 by ≈100 by ≈100 cm because i need to put it in a specific place

Edit 2 : What if I replace everything with a cichlasoma pearsei couple, 2 oscars (black and white) and a fire eel ? Would that work out ? Is it too much/not enough ? Are they compatible ? (Remember that it is an approx 110x100x100)

Last edited: Jun 24, 2018
  2. BettaFishKeeper4302

BettaFishKeeper4302Well Known MemberMember

Looks good to me. It's a 265 gallon so it is gonna be more difficult then you think to overstock. Not saying you should add this to your stocking list but checkout silver arowana. If i had a 265 i'd be getting that fish in a heartbeat.

3. OP
    OP
    Dan Cibotaru

Hello, thanks for your answer,
    I've heard that arowanas cost a lot of $$$
    but how much exactly ?
    also, i don't think i can find them in france.
    one last thing, how do you feed them ?
    sorry to ask these questions that i can find on the internet, but i've got a lot of exams right now and don't particularly have a lot of time to look these up on the internet

I've read just now on the link for the arowana and they sure get big. my tank will be 110 cm wide, about 100 tall and width so it wouldn't have place to turn :/
    also, i can't make a longer one because i only have this place to put an aquarium.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2018
  4. HORNET1

HORNET1Well Known MemberMember

:) Bienvenue dans notre sympathique petit groupe !
    tenor.gif

Last edited: Jun 18, 2018
  5. OP
    OP
    Dan Cibotaru

welp, the thread isn't getting any answers...
    what do i do ?

6. jehorton

jehortonValued MemberMember

Id add that fish as well. too bad I have a 55 gallon.

Look at websites like liveaquaria. they usually have advice on how to feed as well as other rules of thumb.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2018
  7. BettaFishKeeper4302

To bad the biggest tank i have is a 29 gallon lol

8. FlipFlopFishFlake

FlipFlopFishFlakeWell Known MemberMember

A silver aro gets to big for a square 265 gallon, they get 3 feet long, and the tank is between 3 and 4 feet in width and length.

9. BettaFishKeeper4302

For a square?? 265 gallons is their tank size, you can even look it up.

10. FlipFlopFishFlake

FlipFlopFishFlakeWell Known MemberMember

His tank is cubical, the dimensions are 110 cm by 100 cm by 100 cm, or 43 in by 39 by 39 in roughly. A full grown, non stunted silver arowana should reach 30 inches or so, with large specimens surpassing 47 inches in length. That would mean even a small arowana is going to be taking up half of the length , and a large one could easily grow to the length of the tank if you ignore the stunting factor that a silver arowana would have in that tank.

11. BettaFishKeeper4302

Oh ok i did not really know if you were referring the cube type. Those are nore expensive. I'd have a normal 265.

12. Mom2some

Mom2someWell Known MemberMember

You might get more responses in the stocking forum. Sorry, I don’t have knowledge of big fish.

13. OP
    OP
    Dan Cibotaru

I only have 110 cm to put an aquarium so i want it to be a cubic one so it's more volume. but arowana needs 2m aquarium minimum bc they're long. Also, my lfs can make me a custom tank so it's all right

Yesterday I went to my lfs and they have 2 cichlasoma pearsei, these might be very cool in my future tank

14. HORNET1

HORNET1Well Known MemberMember

They are beautiful fish, but beware...they will feast on your live plants.

15. OP
    OP
    Dan Cibotaru

Yes, but i don't plan on getting live plants especially because the oscars would destroy them

I edited the first post, changing my stocking ideas

16. OP
    OP
    Dan Cibotaru

I thought about it for a while and i want to know if this stocking list is possible in a 265 gal 1x1x1meter tank :

2 oscars
    2 pearsei
    1 blood parrot
    2 severums
    (catfish ? not a pleco. but is there a catfish suited for this size aquarium ? remember it's 1m=3ft)
    1 fire eel
    1-2 gars ?

thanks

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice