Suggestions for 10 Gallon Tank

1. Mattfinn

Mattfinn Member Member

Ratings:
    +0
    ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1404350995.960900.jpg
    Any suggestions for my 12 yr old brothers 10gal I'm putting a few platys (3-4) and some mystery snails or maybe rcs. It's not actually that blue it's just the LEDs and reflection and all that jumbo. The pebbles are actually charcoal black and a mix of glass and blue pebbles in the "neon" bit. I'm planning to eventually take the artificial plants out but at the moment they stay until I get a good idea on what I want to do plant and rock/wood wise. Any thoughts on what I should do. Was thinking some chain sword (I will get some root tabs for gravel substrate) and maybe some java moss or something to give a real jungle feel that will keep my brother interested in the hobby.

Feeling fishy

2. Adam55

Adam55 Well Known Member Member

Ratings:
    +17
    Do you mean suggestions on stock?

3. OP
    OP
    Mattfinn

Mattfinn Member Member

Ratings:
    +0
    No as in scaping I'm not to sure on where I should put dw and plants and create a jungle look.

Feeling fishy

4. OP
    OP
    Mattfinn

Mattfinn Member Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm only new to live plants but have a tank fully established and doing goo with some plants in it. It's a lot bigger so it's easier to decide on what I'm going to do I'm just unsure in this small 10g I'll put a piece of dw and experiment but I'm no sure on what else I can do to make the look I want

Feeling fishy

5. Coradee

Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

Ratings:
    +1,807
    A general rule is to have tall plants at the back & sides, smaller plants further forward.
    Imo non symmetrical planting is more pleasing to the eye.
    Have a look at some of the tanks in the members picture section for some ideas