Suggestions for 10 Gallon Tank

1. Mattfinn Member Member

ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1404350995.960900.jpg
    Any suggestions for my 12 yr old brothers 10gal I'm putting a few platys (3-4) and some mystery snails or maybe rcs. It's not actually that blue it's just the LEDs and reflection and all that jumbo. The pebbles are actually charcoal black and a mix of glass and blue pebbles in the "neon" bit. I'm planning to eventually take the artificial plants out but at the moment they stay until I get a good idea on what I want to do plant and rock/wood wise. Any thoughts on what I should do. Was thinking some chain sword (I will get some root tabs for gravel substrate) and maybe some java moss or something to give a real jungle feel that will keep my brother interested in the hobby.

Feeling fishy

2. Adam55 Well Known Member Member

Do you mean suggestions on stock?

3. Mattfinn Member Member

No as in scaping I'm not to sure on where I should put dw and plants and create a jungle look.

Feeling fishy

4. Mattfinn Member Member

I'm only new to live plants but have a tank fully established and doing goo with some plants in it. It's a lot bigger so it's easier to decide on what I'm going to do I'm just unsure in this small 10g I'll put a piece of dw and experiment but I'm no sure on what else I can do to make the look I want

Feeling fishy

5. Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

A general rule is to have tall plants at the back & sides, smaller plants further forward.
    Imo non symmetrical planting is more pleasing to the eye.
    Have a look at some of the tanks in the members picture section for some ideas