Suggestions for 10 gallon planted aquarium

CoronaExtra

Hey everybody. I had a small colony of ghost shrimp in my 10 gallon tank until they killed eachother. Now I'm thinking of starting fresh and want suggestions for stocking. I'm debating whether trying a different, healthier version of shrimp or maybe having a centerpiece fish and smaller schooling fish. Or maybe a crawfish? I wanted to have dwarf gouramis but I know 10 gallon is pushing it for even 2 of them considering they're territorial. I don't want a ton of schooling fish because I already have that in my 20 gallon. I'm open to any ideas or suggestions.

Attachments

• 20191203_023219.jpg
    20191203_023219.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 72

KingJamal2

Hey everybody. I had a small colony of ghost shrimp in my 10 gallon tank until they killed eachother. Now I'm thinking of starting fresh and want suggestions for stocking. I'm debating whether trying a different, healthier version of shrimp or maybe having a centerpiece fish and smaller schooling fish. Or maybe a crawfish? I wanted to have dwarf gouramis but I know 10 gallon is pushing it for even 2 of them considering they're territorial. I don't want a ton of schooling fish because I already have that in my 20 gallon. I'm open to any ideas or suggestions.
You could do some danios. Or guppies, or pretty much any small Livebearer.

fishsavvy

2 dwarf gouramis ??? Only one can fit in a 10 gallon which is slightly pushing it. You could get 2 dwarf crayfish if that is what you are looking for.

The_fishy

If you want something unusual, you could try a group or pair of wild bettas. Maybe a honey or betta (one with a peaceful temperament) and a school of ember tetras.

pattersonbear

You could add a betta if you want a centerpiece fish. You could also do a pair of dwarf gourami.

MissNoodle

No dwarf gourami in a 10. They get too big. And only ever ONE per tank as theyre aggressive towards one another and females are rare to come by.

If you want gourami for a 10 gallon qnd a group, go for sparkling gourami.

20200110_213623.jpg
20200110_213557.jpg
20200110_212850.jpg

Very tiny and cute. Just gotta house them with smaller fish, like dwarf rasbora or ember tetras or pygmy cories which can all be housed in a 10g

Ryanpowell

I’m a huge fan of bettas. You can find some stunning some out there.

StarGirl

If you want big healthier shrimp get Amanos.

Corydork

I’d recommend some dwarf cories (maybe 3-4) they’re a great cleanup crew, just make sure you have a cory dedicated food, such as wardley shrimp pellets.

Sien

I recently got some pygmy cory cats and chilI rasboras. They are awesome fish and I highly recommend them.

Ryanpowell

Ember tetras are really great fish also

Random Great Thread!

New Aquarium Stocking Threads

Latest Aquarium Threads

Top Bottom