Suggestion for "My Posts" section

≈ D ≈

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I'd like to suggest/request adding a way to clean up our My Posts section. Maybe in a similar way to where we are able to clean out our own PM section, with it divided for older posts.

Hope this is making sense if not, I'll be happy to try and explain it further.

D and his:;co

Mike

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
ok, need more details though. What could we do to clean it up?

OP
≈ D ≈

≈ D ≈

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Ok, I will try an explain it better.

Every registered member can access their PM section where they can delete their older messages - be it from their Inbox or their Sent Messages. Also, both areas have the messages split up by the day they were posted.

What I am requesting/suggesting is if it is possible to set up the 'My Posts' section in a similar manner to the PM section (for registered users), that will allow the user to delete any of those posts that are listed, from that list of posts that they made. The original post would still remain in the original thread. That way when the user goes into the 'My Posts' section, he/she can go straight to a thread that they posted in most recently, instead of having to scroll down past several posts that have had no activity for a while (eg 30 days or more).

Using myself as a futher example, when I'm in the 'My Posts' section, the top right shows that I have 500 posts. Some of those posts were made in 2007 . I would like to delete some of those from the 'My Post' section while still leaving the original post in the actual thread that it was posted in.

Something like a 'Delete' or better still 'Remove from My Posts' button just after the posted date would allow the user the option of keeping their 'My Posts' section clean and tidy, allowing them to keep current (and non-repetative posts would be kept to 1 too) posts on page 1 or 2 etc.

Below is a screen shot of my own section. I've asterisked the two posts that I have posted in a thread. The bottom post is one I want to remove from this section as the post above it is more recent, yet is still in the same thread. This way I can still go to that particular thread but my 'My Posts' section will just show the most recent post that I made instead of all the previous ones. I've also did a mock-up of an example button.

292.jpg

Of course, if they didn't want to delete any of their previous posts then they can leave it as it is.

Did that make better sense? Can it be implemented?

bettafish2816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
ohh, I think I understand. still leave the post on the thread itself, but just remove it from the long lists of posts so you can see the most recent/important ones

Red1313

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Sounds like a good plan
Here's something else though I don't if this exists in some form or not. But have a section at the top to let you know that someone has since posted in the thread that you posted in.
Just an idea, might exist already...

prairielilly

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I like this idea! but I don't know that I'd do a 'delete from my posts' function as some may be like me and forget they did that and then wonder now where did that go? What about organizing them by date (as they are) but then being able to open/close sections, like Microsoft's Outlook does for email? like 'this week', 'two weeks', 'last year' etc?

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Would deleting posts in that manner make it unavailable to the search function? Some of those old posts are very helpful still when searched.
But have a section at the top to let you know that someone has since posted in the thread that you posted in.
You can set your profile to send you an email notification when a post has been made in a thread you have posted in is made.
Carol

sirdarksol

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
There already is a way to fix this... kinda.

Go to "Subscribed threads."
It lists all of the threads you're involved in. If you no longer wish to be involved in that thread, then unsubscribe from it.

The only time I ever use the "My posts" thread is when I want to find a specific post of mine to copy a link to, so I wouldn't ever want to remove posts from it. Otherwise, I use "New Posts" or "New Replies," the first of which checks all new posts in the forum, the second checks new posts only in my subscribed threads.

New Threads