Suggestion for following threads

Is this a good idea?

• Good Idea

• Bad Idea

Results are only viewable after voting.

SouthAmericanCichlids

Mike I had a thought, I thought it would be cool to be able to always get notifications every time a thread in a certain forum was posted. So that way, if I wanted to get notified every time a question about angelfish popped up, or emeraldking wanted to know about all livebearer threads, etc. Then we would get a notification each time a thread in that forum was posted. I don't know if it would be possible, but just a thought.

Or maybe threads posted by certain people, like everytime mike posts an announcement or poll I would get a notification. Though that could lead to stalkers.

GuppyOverlord11

I second this.

SouthAmericanCichlids

I'll make a poll.

StarGirl

You can already do this.

BigManAquatics

Go to the subforums and click "watch". I get notifications on any thread started in the Betta subforum.

StarGirl

Go all the way to angelfish sub forum and up top is a watch button. I watch Some sub forums and every time someone posts a new thread in that area I get a alert.

GuppyOverlord11

SayWHAT? How have I been missing this for 3 1/2 months on the forum?

BigManAquatics

SayWHAT? How have I been missing this for 3 1/2 months on the fourm?
Don't worry, took me almost 3 years to figure it out.. i should say, to try it, at least

TheFISH12

I have for over a year!

TheFISH12

When you do it do you guys choose to get notified by new threads or new messages?

BigManAquatics

For me, it's new threads. Gotta limit my notifications a bit!

StarGirl

Threads not email ever....lol

TheFISH12

Threads not email ever....lol
I don't do email either, though when I first joined and watched a bunch of threads I did email and got like 1000 lol. I didn't know if I should do watch for every new message or new thread.

StarGirl

I just do threads also. You get normal notifications after that anyway, dont need to do any other.

BigManAquatics

I don't do email either, though when I first joined and watched a bunch of threads I did email and got like 1000 lol. I didn't know if I should do watch for every new message or new thread.
I would just do thread, personally. Especially if not on super regularly. Because you will get a notification for all those messages....which is nuts if you following the frequently used sub forums

SouthAmericanCichlids

I haven't known for over a year.
When I joined too, when I figured out how to turn those off, I was so happy.
I haven't known for over a year.

When I joined too, when I figured out how to turn those off, I was so happy.
And now that I've learned how to turn other notifications on, I am so happy.

I just followed 17 forums, and one was tetras (Which includes a ton of tetra subforums), this was probably a mistake, but we'll see. But tbh, 10 were like: Build threads, fun stuff, announcements, etc.

Okay and also, can we discuss how tetras are not under characins and hatchetfish aren't under characins either.

TheFISH12

I wonder how many emails you would get if you followed every single topic there is and got alerted every message! Now I know what to do if I want to flex my emails.

StarGirl

Haha do it and report back!

86 ssinit

Been here 4yrs this is the first I’m hereing this. But than again I’ve never read up on anything and just find this stuff out when you guys post it. Thanks :)!!
For me, it's new threads. Gotta limit my notifications a bit!
limit! Betta forum!! Your device may breakdown with all the daily new threads! I don’t think there a computer big enough to handle that and answers!!

BigManAquatics

Been here 4yrs this is the first I’m hereing this. But than again I’ve never read up on anything and just find this stuff out when you guys post it. Thanks :)!!

limit! Betta forum!! Your device may breakdown with all the daily new threads! I don’t think there a computer big enough to handle that and answers!!
Can't tell you the first two answers that pop in my head for every one of them, either

86 ssinit

There’s been many to try this in my 4yrs here. They’ve all burnt out!! So thread (ha ha) lightly. I think there may be a secret thread hidden in here with all of them on it. Where every answer starts with “my betta is sick” or “I saved this betta” or “my bettas fins are torn” …… into oblivion!! So beeeee careful you don’t end up there!!!! Oh and thanks for doing what you do :).

BigManAquatics

There’s been many to try this in my 4yrs here. They’ve all burnt out!! So thread (ha ha) lightly. I think there may be a secret thread hidden in here with all of them on it. Where every answer starts with “my betta is sick” or “I saved this betta” or “my bettas fins are torn” …… into oblivion!! So beeeee careful you don’t end up there!!!! Oh and thanks for doing what you do :).
Oh don't worry. If i did that, StarGirl would hunt me down and run me over or something lol!

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Coradee
Replies
Views
Lucy
Replies
Views
BigManAquatics
  • Question
Replies