Suddenly Froze My Glowlights

MaeKay

Reaction score
I had gotten the water temp just perfect (78 degrees) and was using my python to fill my 10 Gallon QT tank. I look over and suddenly 2 then 3 of my previously healthy glowlight tetras are swimming wobbly then belly up on the bottom!

It took me a few seconds to realize the water must be super cold. And then a few more to realize it was because my kids had started their own bath, directing all the hot water away from the kitchen sink.

I felt horrible and turned on the hottest water I could then started syphoning out the cold. It was 60 degrees in there in a matter of a couple minutes! I kept swishing and mixing until it got back up to 78. And 4 of the 5 that were in there seem to be swimming fine again now but wow. I felt horrible. And I still can’t find the fifth one.

OP
M

MaeKay

Reaction score
I’m just glad I’ve moved 7 of them out of there over the last two weeks and only had 5 left.

MattS99

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
They should be fine. Glowlights are tough suckers. I bought 5 about a year ago, haven't lost a single fish. Have 8 in total now (bought more because I like them lol).

New Threads