20 Gallon Tank Succulent Themed Tank Stocking

Gameynerd23

Hello, I'm setting up a tank for my ADFs (20g long). I was originally going to make it a Quarantine Tank and ADF Tank in one, but the ADFs have taken priority, so no QT right now, but hopefully soon. Anyway, I really like the look of black/white/grey colored fish living at the bottom around the substrate and having more colorful fish higher up. At the moment, I'm going to stock it with ADFs (no more than 10) and Mystery Snails (no more than 5 or 6). I'm curious what schooling fish I should add to the top half of the tank. I'd like them to be green, magenta, pink/red, or blue. My first thought is glofish, which I do have, but I don't really want to get anymore glofish. Sorry for rambling. Thanks for the help!

Gameynerd23

Maybe some harlequin rasboras, neons, or ember tetras. They all stay small and look great in schools.
Oh, I didn't think about Neon Tetras! Would 15 be too many Neons?

Upvote 0

awilkinson871

It would probably be fine. They usually recommend at least 12 for a neon school. Just double check to make sure they will work with the Ph and temperature you have going on in your tank. They also prefer an established tank with no fluctuations.

Upvote 0

Gameynerd23

I'm also curious about a possible centerpiece fish. I've tried Bettas with other fish with about a 50/50 success rate (only done it twice, lol). The successful betta only has one eye, so I think that assisted in his docile nature. Anyway, if I did get a betta for a centerpiece fish, I'm thinking a Koi/Galaxy variety with short fins and a female if I can find one. I can't really think of another good species for a tank of this size, so any help is appreciated.

EDIT: I do have a 5.5g tank with a single shrimp and a Mystery Snail, so I do have a backup home for the Betta, if I decide to go that route.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
20 Gallon Tank Bolivian Ram Garden Tank
Replies
Views
Gameynerd23
  • Question
Replies
Views
Gameynerd23
  • Question