Success!!!!

Paigee

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
My 29 gallon cycled yesterday, checked tonight and the readings were still good, so I went ahead and started acclimating my fish from the 5 gallon so they could move up.
Put them in a bucket and introduced a cupful of water every ten minutes for an hour. They are now swimming around in the tank

The guppy was zipping all around for a while, but is now hanging out with the neon tetras behind some drift wood. The Serpae is just hanging out by himself.

Can't wait for the rest of my fish! My 5 gallon is gonna be my quarantine tank, and tomorrow I am going to get my two guppies and maybe 3 neon tetras and start them in quarantine for a couple weeks

Kupcake

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Congratulations!

ayelie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
WEEEEEEEEE!! thats great news paigee. I am so happy for you. me doing the happy dance for you--->:;bananasplit

Amano

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Great news. Just take care to keep testing the water once you add the fish. Just in case a spike in water params.

mac

Paigee

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Thanks all! And ayelie, I did a happy dance too my boyfriend wanted me to come watch tv with him but I had a kitchen chair pulled up next to the tank

Can't wait to go pick out some new buddies tmo!

ayelie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Now paigee you know you have to wait a week so that you don't shock your tank.

Paigee

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
To add the new ones? I know. I'm getting the next ones I want to add, but they are going to be in quarantine for 2 weeks. It shouldn't be a problem
I am going to test everyday to make sure that there are no spikes in the water. I'm hoping it turns out well

Deeqadri

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Paigee said:
My 29 gallon cycled yesterday, checked tonight and the readings were still good, so I went ahead and started acclimating my fish from the 5 gallon so they could move up.
Put them in a bucket and introduced a cupful of water every ten minutes for an hour. They are now swimming around in the tank

The guppy was zipping all around for a while, but is now hanging out with the neon tetras behind some drift wood. The Serpae is just hanging out by himself.

Can't wait for the rest of my fish! My 5 gallon is gonna be my quarantine tank, and tomorrow I am going to get my two guppies and maybe 3 neon tetras and start them in quarantine for a couple weeks
congrats paigee, wow! u got both tetras and guppies in a community tank and seems like they r doing good ,i will try that as well and keep us updated on your tank good luck!

Paigee

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
thanks everyone!!

marina3

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Congrats!! I can't imagine how exciting must be to go from a 5 gallon to a 29gl!!! I want one!!!

Paigee

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I got 2 endlers in quarantine right now, a male and female!! SO they're so pretty!
It has started the ball rolling in my mind about getting more endlers.... *Sigh*

jetajockey

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
well if you have a male and female, chances are that ball has already been rolled. Lol congrats!

Paigee

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Haha yeah I know! And I made sure to ask the LFS before I got them that I can bring the babies there, and I can get store credit. I wish I could keep some, and I might, but there's no way I can have 50!
The males are so beautiful.... It's amazing! And the females are very plain, but it's ok, the males make up for it someone has to have the beautiful babies!

Paigee

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I'm also entertaining the idea of trading in my one female guppy and just getting some more endlers.... But I would feel really bad. She is such a good girl

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads