Success When You Don't Try?

Queasy

I would love to hear your stories about this! I personally always got success whenever I did not intend on doing something, but failure in a lot of times where I actually tried really hard. For example, I have had snails in my tank that came with some aquarium plants. I never really cared much about them since they kind of clean up, and I always used medicines while they were still in the water. Yet I've successfully bred a poop ton of them. I use Seachem Flourish & Excel, soil substrate packed with nutrients, and an amazing light source but my plants keep dying. In my other tank, I threw a bunch of hornworts in there with minimum lighting, no additives, and it was a bare-bottom tank yet they thrived amazingly. In my 57 gal community tank, I struggle so much keeping the fry alive although I feed a ton of fry food, have tons of hiding places, and fry-safe all my intakes. Barely any fry has been getting to the juvenile stage. On the other hand, I have a 10-gallon tank with a tiny bit of hornworts and I barely feed that tank, yet they breed like crazy and the fry have lots of success. It's just strange that the less effort I put, the better results I get . I know these couple of examples may just be coincidental or other factors were involved but was just wondering if anyone had any similar stories.

P.S: Sorry if this was posted in the wrong section, didn't know where else to post. Feel free to move my post if it's in the wrong section!

jkkgron2

For me I’ve noticed better plant growth if I just stop messing with stuff. I barely add fertilizer to my 10 gallon anymore and my plants are thriving, except for a few who got affected by some meds I recently used. In my 40 gallon pretty much everything except my crypt and floaters just aren’t doing great (even jungle vals!) But in that tank I’ve put in a lot more effort than the 10 gallon. Also, My plants in my walstad bowl have gone insane and I can barely see inside anymore.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Tony_097
Replies
Views
ASHLEY R COOK
Replies
Views
max h
Replies