Success Stories

Status
Not open for further replies.

brokenwing

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
If you find a good way please let me know. Im dissabled, and in order for me to have surgery I need to quit. My friend just went to one of those sesions whey they hypnotize you, but it did not work.

Karl R

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I smoked for about 11 years. I tried using the gum at first quit for about a week and started back up again. Then this year for my birthday I got the patch. The patch worked. It's still gonna be tough. Things like gum and hard candy helped a lot too. I wish you the very best of luck! You will feel so much better if you do quit successfully!

jetajockey

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I actually quit smoking on july 1st 2009. I smoked for 14 years, was up to a pack a day. I used the patch, and was totally smoke free in 3 weeks, and havent touched it since. During the quitting process, i almost always had a tootsie pop or some kind of candy in my mouth, and another motivating factor was adding up how much it truly costed to smoke each week, each month, each year. 1pk /day @ 5.00 , 35/wk , 150/mo, 1800/year. And that's only for a pack a day. Each day you don't smoke think about how much you've saved, at the end of the week, or month, go buy something awesome with that money, it's good to reward yourself.

It's also good to have a support group, hope you update your progress here, it may not seem like much but just getting a virtual pat on the back really can mean alot when you are going through a struggle. Decide to quit in your brain first, and just remind yourself that going back to it is not an option. Think of the patch/gum or whatever you use as a method for you to get over it easier. So then the fact that you are quitting is not a matter of can you do it, but rather how easily you want to make the quitting process for yourself.

Keeping you in my prayers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

UV Sterilizers Worth It?

• Yes

Votes: 24 23.1%
  • No

Votes: 9 8.7%
  • IDK - never used one before

Votes: 71 68.3%

Top Bottom