Success Breeding Celestial Pearl Danios!!!

Sean P Rooney

Reaction score
My attempt at breeding celestial pearl danios was a HUGE success! I thought I only had 8 eggs, and yesterday I had 4 swimming fry and I could spot a few that were still in the "wriggler" stage, but today I woke up to see 14-20 fry swimming around! Now the challenge will be keeping them alive. (I tried to get some pictures but it was kinda difficult. These are the best ones haha)
Edit: I think it's closer to 13-15 fry but still very exciting!

Attachments

Coradee

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Congrats on the fry
In my experience with them I found they pretty much stay at the top level of the tank so use food that doesn’t sink quickly.
I used First bites for a week or two as it’s such a fine powder it sits on the surface for ages so they can pick at it at their leisure.

OP
Sean P Rooney

Sean P Rooney

Reaction score
Coradee said:
Congrats on the fry
In my experience with them I found they pretty much stay at the top level of the tank so use food that doesn’t sink quickly.
I used First bites for a week or two as it’s such a fine powder it sits on the surface for ages so they can pick at it at their leisure.
I'm using first bites and hard boiled egg yolk

NYFishGuy

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Very nice, I want to breed these too but tried to buy some 3 separate times and out of 16 or so fish only 1 survived more than a few days.
He now rules over 15 ember tetra with a iron fin.

New Threads