Substrate?

Michelle2468135

Currently I have my Betta fish and some corries in a 7 gallon non-planted tank with sand. I want to upgrade him to a 10-15 gallon tank that is planted (my first planted tank) but I don't know what substrate to use. I was think of using fluval plant and shrimp but I don't know what the best substrate to use is. What do you guys think? Thanks

AquaticGardener

You can choose ADA or Tropica or any other like Fluval but the most important for a planted aquascape is CO2 supply and liquid fertilizer, If you have it soil brand doesn't matter.

Argos

You will get 100 different answers for best substrate...and they all will be correct.

CO2 is important if we are speaking in general terms, but adding CO2 into an aquarium is not required. In addition, the brands will matter, it just depends on what your interests and concerns are regarding the substrate.

FishGirl115

You could do sand with root tabs yet if you wanted.

deadhead

ADA Aquasoil is outstanding but it leaches a lot of ammonia in the beginning. I'm sure the fluval plant and shrimp is an excellent choice. Just make sure it doesn't leach ammonia like ADA does.

Top Bottom