Substrate

idkausernamesoyeah

Well Known
Reaction score
I have seachem fluorite and I can't tell if its a good substrate for them!! I have blue shrimp and red shrimp in a ten gallon with two hillstream loaches, ik they like faster currents I couldnt scoop them out of the tank and they seem pretty happy I believe they were brought up in slower moving water but anyways yeah do they like this sunstrate? how lomg until they breed I just got them about 3 days ago but I wanna know when they on average breed. also what do u have luck with on feeding them I have tetra flakes I have bug bites I have algae wafers spirulina wafers frozen bbs frozen spirulina brine shrimp frozen blood worms

Cheesecake

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
idkausernamesoyeah said:
I have seachem fluorite and I can't tell if its a good substrate for them!! I have blue shrimp and red shrimp in a ten gallon with two hillstream loaches, ik they like faster currents I couldnt scoop them out of the tank and they seem pretty happy I believe they were brought up in slower moving water but anyways yeah do they like this sunstrate? how lomg until they breed I just got them about 3 days ago but I wanna know when they on average breed. also what do u have luck with on feeding them I have tetra flakes I have bug bites I have algae wafers spirulina wafers frozen bbs frozen spirulina brine shrimp frozen blood worms
I personally like that substrate.
Do you know how old they are? If they are sexually mature then maybe in a couple of weeks. Loaches are notoriously hard to breed.
They will probably accept most of those.

OP
idkausernamesoyeah

idkausernamesoyeah

Well Known
Reaction score
Canaculus said:
I personally like that substrate.
Do you know how old they are? If they are sexually mature then maybe in a couple of weeks. Loaches are notoriously hard to breed.
They will probably accept most of those.
thatsfair and I have 4 blue and 4 red. the red r very small and the blue ones r decent in size like I can't imagine them not breeding!!! I just hope there r males and females. could u tell from pics?

Cheesecake

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
idkausernamesoyeah said:
thatsfair and I have 4 blue and 4 red. the red r very small and the blue ones r decent in size like I can't imagine them not breeding!!! I just hope there r males and females. could u tell from pics?
Maybe. It's also very difficult to sex loaches. You basically have to go off of fin shapes.

OP
idkausernamesoyeah

idkausernamesoyeah

Well Known
Reaction score
Canaculus said:
Maybe. It's also very difficult to sex loaches. You basically have to go off of fin shapes.
yeah that's fair supposedly the males fins r close to their body while the females have theirs more spread out from their bodies. I think I only have 2 females tho so ig ill just have to breed the shrimp lol

Cheesecake

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
idkausernamesoyeah said:
yeah that's fair supposedly the males fins r close to their body while the females have theirs more spread out from their bodies. I think I only have 2 females tho so ig ill just have to breed the shrimp lol
Sounds good :D.

New Threads