Substrate Too Coarse?

BRDrew

I'm in the process of stocking my first Saltwater tank. I was pretty excited of getting my first fish, a goby.

Not sure what species yet but every goby I've seen in my LFS is best housed in a sand bottom tank (as far as liveaquaria indicates). Would it be too bad to have a goby such as a yellow watchman or Wheeler's Shrimp Goby in a coarser substrate?

I use aragonite, its not super coarse but defenetely a lot coarser than the sand I use in my Freshwater systems.

Maggie321

BRDrew said:
I'm in the process of stocking my first Saltwater tank. I was pretty excited of getting my first fish, a goby.

Not sure what species yet but every goby I've seen in my LFS is best housed in a sand bottom tank (as far as liveaquaria indicates). Would it be too bad to have a goby such as a yellow watchman or Wheeler's Shrimp Goby in a coarser substrate?

I use aragonite, its not super coarse but defenetely a lot coarser than the sand I use in my Freshwater systems.
I have aragonite and a tangaroa goby. It is not a sand sifter. The pistol/candy cane shrimp does all the digging. When researching the goby you want, look at it's diet requirements. If it is mostly pods, and a sand shifter, skip it and look at the next species.

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom