Submersible Light

1. P

Piratelife101 Initiate Member

I currently have a 90 gallon freshwater aquarium and how it is set up, I can't have a hood light style light. This was find with my freshwater set up because I used 2 12" amazon submersible suction cup lights and was even able to grow plenty of plants. Now I that I am thinking about moving my saltwater tank to this 90 gallon, I wanted to make sure I had enough light to grow the few pieces of coral that I have. I don't have anything special and don't plan on having anything that requires a lot of light like hard corals. I only have a mushroom coral and green star coral. Would those two 12"suction cup lights be enough or does anyone know of a strong submersible light.

2. grantm91

grantm91 Fishlore VIP Member

Asking this means you need to do some research, those lights are no good for coral, but they are for fresh water i love them for the price they are cool i have the ones with the remote control lol, i have a 3ft one on my 120fw.

3. OP
    OP
    P

Piratelife101 Initiate Member

Do you have any advise for something that may work in the situation? I would say no lid and then mount a light above it, but I have a lantern bass and a jawfish that may jump. The lid I use is two layers, the first is a white polycarbonate plastic and then I have a white siding on top to make it look nice.