10 Gallon Tank Submersible horizontal?

Willow84
Hi All! I recently purchased the Eheim Jager Tru Temp 50 watt heater, because I wanted a submersible heater to lie horizontally behind my piece of driftwood and be completely hidden from view. When reading through the directions, however, it says to keep it vertical. I feel like on YouTube videos I HAVE seen these horizontal but am now nervous to do so. Has anyone kept their's laying down?
Also, in my 10 gallon tank it cannot stand completely vertical because it runs into the substrate. And I am thinking it will not provide sufficient heat for my 20 gallon tank?

Betta'sAnonymous
I know i have seen them diagonal on videos for sure. I put all my heaters diagonal or horizontal, and haven't had issue. But i only have 1 eheim and it is currently not in a tank.

mrjohn
Willow84 said:
Hi All! I recently purchased the Eheim Jager Tru Temp 50 watt heater, because I wanted a submersible heater to lie horizontally behind my piece of driftwood and be completely hidden from view. When reading through the directions, however, it says to keep it vertical. I feel like on YouTube videos I HAVE seen these horizontal but am now nervous to do so. Has anyone kept their's laying down?
Also, in my 10 gallon tank it cannot stand completely vertical because it runs into the substrate. And I am thinking it will not provide sufficient heat for my 20 gallon tank?
That is a bit odd that the directions state to keep it vertical. I've read reviews and because of its length many people have placed it horizontally without issue. I'm not sure what the potential issues are when placing it at different angles. I feel like you would be fine.

Latest threads

Top Bottom