Sub-forum suggestions - Advanced Topics - for SW and FW

1. ryanr Moderator Moderator Member

Hi Mike,
    Just wondering if an "Advanced Topics/Discussion" sub-forum may be worth while?

In another forum I'm involved with, there is such a sub category, and it's a very interesting forum to read through.

Whilst the one I know of is specifically related to reefs/sw, I think there might be some advanced topics we could discuss in FL.

Members post research/new technologies/experiments etc. I know we have Hot Topics, but this is more around discussion of the more advance (less controversial) topics.

For SW, one of the immediate topics that comes to mind is Carbon Dosing as a nutrient export method.

FW, I'm sure there are new technologies, or topics that we would consider advanced. Scientific discovery (beneficial bacteria), Land-based vs aquatic etc etc.

Just a thought........ I know FL has plenty of sub-forums that are probably hard enough to manage as it is.

Advanced Topics would need careful moderation, and possibly exclusivity on members allowed to start new threads. i.e. anyone can start a thread in a "Filtration" sub-forum, but if it becomes an advanced topic, it gets moved to Advanced Discussion.

I don't know - do others have any thoughts?

2. Mike Fishlore Admin Moderator Member

I like this idea. Let me check with the other moderators and get their thoughts. Ping me if I don't follow up in the next day or so on this.

3. Mike Fishlore Admin Moderator Member