Stupidly Painted My Nails :(

Sakana魚

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
So I stupidly painted my nails today. Can I no longer stick my hands in my tanks? I don't own nail polish remover.

JoeCamaro

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I do not paint my nails ( ) so I can't tell by experience, but I believe once they dry completely it should be ok.

Don't quote me on it though. Let's wait for someone with more experience to chime in.

Sprogladite

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
It's no issue at all as long as it's dry. Just watch out for when you remove it, acetone can cause issues so make sure your hands have been washed several times before you get in there after removing the polish

Fanatic

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I am a male, and I have painted a few of my fingers before
There shouldn't be any issue as long as they are fully cured.

I'll let everyone know that having paint on your nails make them feel like they are wrapped up in hot blankets, makes you feel uncomfortable.

Mcasella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
If you have just painted them dip them in cold water to harden the surface then give them 30 minutes to harden completely, after they are harden and you rinse them you should be good to go. If you are worried just refrain from playing in your tank for a day.

Make sure if you remove to wash with soap and water to get the acetone off (this sticks around longer so you want to make sure your hands are washed and clean before messing in your tank).

CanadianFishFan

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Fanatic said:
I am a male, and I have painted a few of my fingers before
There shouldn't be any issue as long as they are fully cured.

I'll let everyone know that having paint on your nails make them feel like they are wrapped up in hot blankets, makes you feel uncomfortable.
Im male and have too.... xD
But i always see on instagram ladys with their nail polish finger in their tanks and it seems fine as long as there dry.

Mcasella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
CanadianFishFan said:
Im male and have too.... xD
But i always see on instagram ladys with their nail polish finger in their tanks and it seems fine as long as there dry.
Think of it like this, if you can safely eat with your fingers the nail polish will not harm the fish (and by safely i mean it should not taste like nail polish or have a weird bleh feeling after touching your tongue with your nail, this means they are cured and completely safe, even having some of it come off after it is cured will not hurt).

FishLoverEmma0

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Sakana魚 said:
So I stupidly painted my nails today. Can I no longer stick my hands in my tanks? I don't own nail polish remover.
As a wamen, I paint my nails all the time, and as long as it doesn't chip off on the tank, its totally fine. I've never had any problems except for some paint that was really thick and flake when it dried.

CanadianFishFan

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
FishLoverEmma0 said:
As a wamen, I paint my nails all the time, and as long as it doesn't chip off on the tank, its totally fine. I've never had any problems except for some paint that was really thick and flake when it dried.
I saw a "Wamen" paint her cracked apple snail shells.... (*cough* Steff J on youtube *cough*) So maybe its safer the we think?

JamieXPXP

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
its safe to put your hands in the tank as long as your nails are dry. i paint my nails fairly often and havent had issues with it hurting my tank

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom