stupid frogs!

1. frogfan Well Known Member Member

I just had to separate my ADF the white 1 Rasputin was molting and the gray 1 Napoleon decided the molt looked tasty so attacked Rasputin face bit down on his bottom jaw and started shaking him wildly. I poked at them with the net till napoleon let go then put Rasputin in the 32 oz box "tank" with clean water to finish molting. I think hes done now he hate it but im going to give him some time to recover from being attacked before putting him back in the normal tank .

2. endlercollector Fishlore VIP Member

Frog drama! I'm glad to know he can get better on his own with time even though he's going to be very annoyed ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

3. Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

Mine do that sometimes when tussling over food but usually the belly or butt gets bit.
    Good thing they don't have teeth!

One thing though, ADF's aren't white. Are you sure it's not an ACF?

4. frogfan Well Known Member Member

lol no hes an ADF hes about the size f a quarter and hasn't gotten any bigger in the 4 or so months since i got him hes like a white really light gray color 2014-07-01 21.29.19.jpg 2014-07-01 21.29.01.jpg his back and belly are nearly the same color but he has spots on his back
    the other comparatively is very dark gray /green
    2014-07-01 21.31.03.jpg

he has been that pale since i got him

5. Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

That's African Dwarf frog alright.

I thought you meant white white, like albino white!

I'm wondering if Rasputin is a girl. :)

6. frogfan Well Known Member Member

they came from wild creations that claims that each "kit" contains 2 male ADF I dont even want to know what they do with the females but thats a topic for another post dont the males have like a white dot under their arm or something?

7. Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

Yes. The spots (glands) can range from white to pinkish.

8. claireputput Well Known Member Member

I love my adf, they are so cute! I have the light gray one as well as a more green-at first I thought it was sick! :)

9. frogfan Well Known Member Member

yeah they both have white pinkish spots under their arms its like a bare spot with no bumps on it

i was pretty sure mine weren't sick because they were in a box all alone thats the whole reason i got them because the ones from the petstore were always dead these came in this box 2014-07-01 22.46.58.jpg with a bamboo plant which died after 2 weeks only 1 or 2 frogs in other boxes were dead and 1 of those was because it got pinned behind the bamboo and no one noticed

10. Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

Thank goodness they aren't in the boxes any longer!

I guess maybe they keep the females for breeding.

11. frogfan Well Known Member Member

who knows and no not in that box any more they are in a half gal now which isnt much better but better then that i just keep that for separating them if they get in a fight or im doing 100% wc on their tank which i do once a week or so to clean the gravel rest of the week i do 50%
    they are going in a divided 10g as soon as i got the thing worked out with buying and setting up the 29 for the M guppies and corys

12. AbsolutTalent Member Member

even though they claim they are all males, females do get sent out as well (thats how I got mama Pig)

Its my understanding, if you buy these at a local store, that they send them all out in one giant bag and the clerks are responsible for netting 2 frogs out and putting them into the pre-made cubes that the clerks fill with water at the store so its crystal clear. Whether or not they actually use conditioner or not, who knows. But thats a topic for another day.

Anyways, the workers move fast so 100% sexing is not possible. So its a mix of what you actually get

13. frogfan Well Known Member Member

Oh im sure they all come in 1 bag they dont ship them in the boxes and idk if they use conditioner either but the fact remains more of them were alive in their little boxes then i ever see at the petstore

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app