Stupid Evil People

genie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
UGH! This stupid idiot girl that I work with (and she is dumb about everything) thought it would be cool to see two bettas fight to the death. OOOOOH did I give her an earful! > I asked her if she had a brain in her head! (OK that was mean) But seriously!

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
not only is she stupid, but cruel. no better than the animals who run dog-fighting. i think putting a metal can over her head and playing a 80s rock ballad on it would be a better way to spend some time.

genie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I can't even begin to explain the ignorance this girl posseses. (hope I spelled that right, wouldn't want to call someone else dumb and then mis-spell a word)

Phloxface

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I work with several people just like that. I HATE them. You weren't being mean. You were a lot more civilized than I am when I encounter people who think any kind of animal cruelty is funny. I can't even post the foul language I use on the people I work with who are like that!
I think people who mistreat animals should be taken out and SHOT!  They are worthless and the world is better off without them!

sirdarksol

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
While I don't agree with the extent of Phloxface's post (violence to solve violence isn't my cup of tea), I agree with the sentiment. I can't comprehend how people can enjoy causing suffering. I got my first tank because a friend's girlfriend couldn't keep the anymore and I didn't want them getting flushed.
However, on the other side of the coin, I have come to some understanding that some people actually don't believe that animals feel pain (this is where I cease to comprehend them). They somehow believe that pain is only within the realm of the sentient mind. They argue that the response that we see as pain is just an automatic response to get them out of trouble. No matter how much I point out that this is precisely what our pain is, they don't listen. If these people believe this, then there is no reason for them to feel bad about, say, putting two male bettas in the same tank.
I think it makes them beginning sociopaths, however.

Phloxface

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I'm not a violent person but I strongly believe you should reap what you sow. I'm a strong supporter of the death penalty for violent crimes and one of those crimes should include animal abuse! People like that are no longer human and not deserving of pity. I don't care what their excuse is.

sirdarksol

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I used to be in support of the death penalty. I had problems, however, reconciling this with my religion, as there is a hard and fast rule that no person should take another's life. My reasoning for supporting the death penalty was not to punish a transgressor, but to remove them from being able to hurt anyone else. Yes, life in prison could do this, but prison is a joke.
Then I realized that I was thinking too much like the American government.
I argue that a violent offender has waived several of his rights. (I use his not because I don't think there are any violent women, but merely because we have no neutral pronoun). I don't believe that he should be beaten or anything. I agree with you. He has become an animal, and it's no more right to abuse animals than it is to abuse people. However, we put animals to work. I say, give this man a simple, yet productive job. If he does this job, he gets fed, he gets new clothing periodically, he earns rights to things like the exercise yard and that sort of thing. If he chooses not to work, he gets merely enough food and water to survive, nothing more.
Of course, people would jump all over this and say it was cruel and unusual, ignoring the fact that it already happens with the poverty-stricken in this country, with the exception that some of them are unable to find jobs, whereas this theoretical killer would be guaranteed one, should he want to eat halfway decently.
In this way, these people would be paying their keep, rather than voters footing the bill. They become more productive members of society while still remaining a non-threat to the American populace.

Sorry.
Back on topic: I think that this girl (and all others like her) will have her way of thinking corrected when she passes from this world. Of course, if there is no afterlife, I'm wrong, but at least in that case we can take ease in the fact that someone as petty as she is will likely have no impact on the world.

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I have noticed that many of the most cruel & violent murders/rapists got off to animal cruelty. i find it hard to understand how people find joy in the suffering of others or of animals. A society that accepts and allows or even rewards cruelty and violence is a society ready to find ruin. (and perhaps deserving of that fate.) My beliefs have love & compassion as the core of a civilized society and while a part of me would like to shoot someone guilty of animal cruelty, I would like to see them given a chance to learn and reform during the term of their punishment time and if they refuse the 2nd chance, then they are saying they don't belong in a civilized society anymore and the society as a whole must be protected from those who don't want to be a part of it.. and the society shouldn't be burdened by those who make the willing choice to reject a civilized way of life. If all the world were animal lovers, this would be a better place because maybe we'd all be able to love each other.

whoa.. things are getting heady here. i guess we think about more than our fish, huh?

Bonochick

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I don't blame you for reacting that way. It amazes me that people could think something like that would be cool. More like cruel.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom