Stupid Biocube!

aquachris

So Sunday my biocube's power brick quit working, and appeared to be the power brick.. figured no big deal, I will just order a new one. And got that yesterday, worked great for 1 whole day. Next day, now the lid wont even turn on. The power seems to be working on the power brick I bought (so I think the light goes on which is more than the previous one) - but I got to find a way to confirm.

Anyhow just wanted to vent. Either bad brick right away (I kinda hope this) or worse, my lid quit working all together on the biocube itself maybe causing the malfunction in the other? ARGH!!!!

EDIT: Yep, the lid is out :( Tested the power plug and its working. That woulda been an easy fix. Now to figure out what to do, I really dont want to spend a couple hundred on a new/used lid.

AngelfishDude722

That sucks but good luck.

aquachris

Whats funny is my Green Spotted puffer is in there until I complete the new rack build then he gets a nice upgrade to a 75... Anyhow, he hates not having the light on when its "time" and sulks if it isn't on.

AngelfishDude722

aquachris said:
Whats funny is my Green Spotted puffer is in there until I complete the new rack build then he gets a nice upgrade to a 75... Anyhow, he hates not having the light on when its "time" and sulks if it isn't on.
Oh well I hope he will be fine.

aquachris

AngelfishDude722 said:
Oh well I hope he will be fine.
I just put a top from an old 10 I had just to get some light and he's happy now lol. Silly little dude.

AngelfishDude722

aquachris said:
I just put a top from an old 10 I had just to get some light and he's happy now lol. Silly little dude.
that is great you have my best wishes

aquachris

So good news, we have let it dry out a few days...turns out it got wet... I had a piece in there wrong, and it was causing the water level to go too high! So yesterday my son plugged it in and voila, its working again... PHEW!

Top Bottom