Stuff Growing On Driftwood

Fisharewet

What is this white stuff growing my driftwood its like the driftwood is in encased in it
20190205_172546.jpg

Repolie

If you introduced the driftwood recently then it'll grow a fungus on it. It'll go away in a few weeks.

CaptAnnDuchow

I freaked when mine did this but it is just your wood acclimating itself with a biofilm build up..harmless and will clear up in a few days or so.

sinned4g63

Totally normal, just new driftwood.

Attachments

• 20190203_135628.jpg
    20190203_135628.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 88

Fisharewet

I wonder why the driftwood in my other tank didn't do it

sinned4g63

I wonder why the driftwood in my other tank didn't do it
Depends on the type of wood. The one with the mold on it in that picture is the only piece of wood that got it. All the rest never had any, namely the other piece on the subwassertang in front and the one in the back left corner holding the moss ball. They were more like bog wood with no bark whereas I think the moldy piece was more like spider wood, that always gets a lot of that mold IME. Your piece also looks more like spider wood.

Fisharewet

Depends on the type of wood. The one with the mold on it in that picture is the only piece of wood that got it. All the rest never had any, namely the other piece on the subwassertang in front and the one in the back left corner holding the moss ball. They were more like bog wood with no bark whereas I think the moldy piece was more like spider wood, that always gets a lot of that mold IME. Your piece also looks more like spider wood.
It is spider wood I'm not sure what kind I have in my other tank

Fisharewet

The stuff on my driftwood is now turning green and fast

sinned4g63

Fisharewet

20190208_192842.jpg

sinned4g63

Dillan Murphy I don't see a whole lot of green but it could just be the picture. Even still it doesn't look like anything worse then what's growing on the wood I used for a moss tree in that tank I posted a picture of. Its the piece in front of the moss tree that looks like like its lost it's leaves. If you zoom in a bit you can see the "branches" are covered in that same type of white mold and green fuzz.

I'm leaving it since it'll be my shrimp tank and they'll probably eat it but if you're concerned you can get some nerites that'll probably clear it up.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Fawkes21
Replies
Views
Crispii
  • Question
Replies
Views
Mike1995
Replies