stuck in the 80's!

inuyasha_lover_21

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I cant get out of the 80's music. This stuff is alot better the what is playing today.

Tom

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I would have to agree with you and I'm only 17 now.
Tom

tan.b

Well Known Member
Reaction score
i agree too!! i love 80's music!! heard human league this morn which reminded me how rubbish todays music is!! you can sing along to 80's music!!! - with my singing though, thats not a good thing!!!....just when no ones listening but my toddler!!

Jimold

Well Known Member
Reaction score
OMG, I spent years trying to FORGET the 80's but now I have to agree, it was wierd, (not quite as wieird as the 70's) but still I miss it.

inuyasha_lover_21

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I love the 70's music too!

tan.b

Well Known Member
Reaction score
inuyasha_lover_21 said:
I love the 70's music too!
me too! - usually when i'm worse for wear after a few drinks and dancing to it!!!! :-[

inuyasha_lover_21

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I was just singing some ELO song Telephone

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I ABSOLUTELY LOVE the 80s and the 70s music! Although I do like some of today's groups and singers ... nothing beats the 80s and 70s music. I don't know what happened to music today. I hardly ever listen to radio anymore - there is NOTHING to listen to on today's radio. It all seems like "****" today ... doesn't it?

I love especially rock (and some metal) music from the 80s and 70s: Guns N Roses, Aerosmith, Bon Jovi, Queen, and the like. LOVE ALL the songs on "Dirty Dancing" soundtrack! It's one of my all-time favorite movies too I really like soundtracks and classical music in general as well. I don't know how many of you are into musicals ... but if you haven't heard "The Phantom of the Opera" musical ... you have to - you'll fall in love with it. "Rent" is a great musical too. They're all great Broadway shows as well as movies/musicals.

(The songs "Unchained Melody" from "The Ghost" and "Oh Pretty Woman" from the movie "Pretty Woman" are great too.)

Some other soundtracks that I like are from movies: "The Piano", "The Bodyguard" (I love all Whitney Houston songs), "Schindler's List", "Ghost", some songs from "The Matrix (1)", and all songs from "Armageddon" (by various artists).

Others that I like (from past and from today): Nirvana, Metallica, Audioslave, Switchfoot, Vertical Horizon, Lenny Kravitz, Linkin Park, Evanescence, A.F.I., System of a Down, P.O.D., Sean Paul, some songs by Missy Elliot, Celine Dion, Whitney Houston, and Lauren Hill.

I also love older music like The Beatles and Elvis !!!

As you can see ... I like many genres of music ... BUT still the 70s and 80s were MUCH better than today's mainstream music. No doubt about it.

Jimold

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Down here it isn't so much "****" on the radio... the problem is the local stations seem to be stuck on the same dozen songs... over and over and over!!! I never listen to the radio anymore...

inuyasha_lover_21

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I have sirius radio. Its so much fun listening to the 80's

Jimold

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I use my mp3 player at work... I'd go crazy without it!

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
In NY radio sucks, or maybe I just don't know of any good radio station in NY. I listen sometimes to K-rock - where they will have some music from 80s or 70s from time to time. Z100 ... pretty much sucks, with all the crappy songs of today (I apologize to those who like Z100 ... but that's my opinion of it). What else ... KTU radio ... lol, no comments on that one. Also, LiteFM ... hmm, so so. Really, nothing "great" here in NY.

Jimold

Well Known Member
Reaction score
The only good radio station here is 101.1 from Orlando, but I'm on the wrong side of the state to hear it. Tampa radio SUCKS!!! :'(

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I think you can listen pretty much to any radio station on the internent, can't you?

Jimold

Well Known Member
Reaction score
At home, yes, but I drive a truck all day at work... Luckly it has a cassette player, and I have one of those adapter things so I can play my MP3 player thru it. That way I can listen to whatever I want... ;D

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Yes, now I understand why your mp3 player is so useful to you! Yup, you definitely need something to listen to when you drive all day. Speaking of music and driving ... did you know that in NYC, they want to make crossing the street while talking on the phone or while listening to music (i.e. iPod, mp3 player, etc ...), ILLEGAL!

Now in NYC it is illegal to:

- smoke in pubs, bars, and discos (I don't smoke and don't like people smoking around me, but aren't pubs places to have a smoke/drink with friends?)
- drink coffee/tea/any drink on a bus or train
- occupy more than one seat on a bus or train (for example, when you put your bag on a seat next to you, you can get a ticket for that)
- listen to music on a train
- drive and talk on the phone at the same time (which I agree with, for the sake of avoiding an accident)
- if you do not shovel the snow from your sidewalk/driveway after it had snowed, you CAN get a ticket for that!

LOL ... I wonder what will be next ... I hope new-yorkers will at least be allowed to breathe?

inuyasha_lover_21

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I know that smoking one is here 2. Also there is a new law for dogs needing seatbelts or else you get a ticket and they are trying to ban smoking while driving. I also know that in NYC you cant own ferrets.

Jimold

Well Known Member
Reaction score
they're trying to ban cell phones when your driving. I only use mine if the boss calls for something. And MP3's, but only if you're wearing headphones. Mine plays thru the truck speakers, so it'll probably be OK.
What they need to ban here is 97 year old drivers!!! lol

tan.b

Well Known Member
Reaction score
blimey....alot of posts on here suddenly!!! - i like most of the same music as isabella, but not classical (sends me to sleep!). cant stand whitney houston either....sorry!!!!

i'm addicted to the scissor sisters at the moment. kaiser chiefs (local band, successful in UK, but i dont think have gone to US yet), the killers, the hives, the fratellis are all the current stuff i like, but the radio plays too much r'n'b which i dont like!!

the law about talking on phone/headphones on when crossing roads was suggested over here. if it does happen over here it'll take years before it actually happens. laws take ages to get passed over here. the others you mentioned either are law or becoming law. they all sound familiar!

and def ban the slow 97 yr olds that never use indicators!!!

tan

inuyasha_lover_21

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I sing the killers songs all the time. Way to much I think. scissor sisters are pretty cool also,

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom