Struggling on what to do.

Maxxx

I'm starting a new job January and am unsure if I am going to have time to keep my tanks. It is more of a traveling position and might be looking to rehome some of my tanks and fish in the Pittsburgh area. I might be able to find someone to take care of my bigger tanks and just stop to feed them but having someone take care of all 4 tanks I currently have running might be a stretch. The two tanks I am thinking of taking down and rehomeing are a 29 gallon with a cascade canister I am keeping some Cardnial tetras, a trio of ciclids and a few loaches. The other one is a fluval flex with a trio of sparkling gourami. The fluval tank I would keep. It is my first tank and I would probably just leave it running without fish and just grow plants in it. Sorry in advance for the state of the tanks. I plan on cleaning them but have had too much going on as of late.

carsonsgjs

I think ultimately you have to do what you think is right for you. But if you aren’t going to have the time to dedicate to your tanks then it absolutely makes sense to downsize to something more manageable.

MasterPython

How long would you typically be away for?

If it is more than a week at a time having someone feed once or twice would be enough. Not sure how good the pet cams are these days but if you could set one up to be able to see some digital thermometers and had backup heaters on a shelf that would give you some peace of mind

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
yeahsure
Replies
Views
kimsch1005
Replies
Views
Axemaniac88
Replies
Views