Struggles Of A Noobie?

Discussion in 'Aquarium Plants' started by claudiamae, Aug 1, 2017.

1. c

claudiamae New Member Member

This has been, by far, the hardest task of my life. It's currently 3:30 am too. God bless.

9b1cac22ed0c94a236d6167196a5b8b3.jpg

2. DylanM

DylanM Well Known Member Member

Why did't you tie it by the roots XD? I've never done this before, and I am now scared to buy java moss for my driftwood.

3. OP
    OP
    c

claudiamae New Member Member

Lol thats why I posted it. I didn't mean to do that

Should've added that ^^

4. DylanM

DylanM Well Known Member Member

Oh :p, well good luck. I once decided to re arrange my HEAVILY PLANTED 20 gallon at 1:00 AM. My pearl gourami, who is a very heavy sleeper wasn't bothered too much. But my shrimp and zebra danios were swimming and hopping all over the place, usually they are okay with my hand but in this case they couldn't see it. Woke up the next morning, tank looked good, albeit cloudy. But I realized I had made a little puddle on the ground next to the tank and now have a water stain in the carpet. Midnight aquarium keeping, good times.

5. J

Jocelyn Adelman Fishlore VIP Member

Nothing worse then tying!!!! I will take the white spots left behind by the glue anytime!

6. AngelTheGypsy

AngelTheGypsy Fishlore VIP Member

I've had a java fern floating behind a piece of driftwood for over a month, simply because I don't want to pull it all out and retie/glue it! I've done both and think I prefer tying. I clipped thebthread and glued it. The glue came undone.

7. j

jenag145 Valued Member Member

I use tying over glue. Every time I would glue it would come apart after a bit. So go close to the roots but not too close if that makes any sense

8. jmaldo

jmaldo Well Known Member Member

The trials of underwater gardening. Tying what a pain. It seems like it takes forever, need a 3rd hand. But it works. I have tried cable ties seems to work for me. I have never tried gluing.

9. j

jenag145 Valued Member Member

Gluing can be quite a mess of you aren't careful

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice