Strong Flow and Cloudy water

darkcat

Hi, so here's the good news! I upgraded the tank yesterday and putted the fish in. There's the cloudy water from the sand (I hope) Also the water flow is too strong and my fishes need to swim very hard to get over to the other side. So, usually my fishes stay in the half of the tank. Any advice for the cloudy water and the string flow?

StinkyLoaf

The cloudy water may be due to a bacteria bloom as the colony has more room to grow in the new environment and substrate. I can’t bring much information to the water flow, but some filters can have their output strength turned down. You could aim the output in another direction so it doesn’t blow the fish.

darkcat

CrustyDusty said:
The cloudy water may be due to a bacteria bloom as the colony has more room to grow in the new environment and substrate. I can’t bring much information to the water flow, but some filters can have their output strength turned down. You could aim the output in another direction so it doesn’t blow the fish.
Is the bacteria bloom a good thing? Because yesterday, I checked the water parameters without the fishes in and it had 0.25 to 0.5 ammonia. I still putted the fishes in today because there was nearly no where to put them

StinkyLoaf

darkcat said:
Is the bacteria bloom a good thing? Because yesterday, I checked the water parameters without the fishes in and it had 0.25 to 0.5 ammonia. I still putted the fishes in today because there was nearly no where to put them
The tank may be doing a little fish-in cycle. I’m not sure why though, because I assume you moved the same filter and media over?

darkcat

I was wondering... Since 20 gallon and 5 gallon tank's filter is not the same, I couldn't use it. However, I moved the decor, gravel and everything. Should I put the 5 gallon filter in my 20 gallon with my 20 gallon filter then?

StinkyLoaf

darkcat said:
I was wondering... Since 20 gallon and 5 gallon tank's filter is not the same, I couldn't use it. However, I moved the decor, gravel and everything. Should I put the 5 gallon filter in my 20 gallon with my 20 gallon filter then?
Yes go ahead.

I assume you didn’t move anything from inside the old filter then.

darkcat

Yes, phew good thing! Thx!
So, I putted the filter with the 20 gallon filter in my 20 gallon tank. The filter cartridge wasn't soaked or in water. It was just outside laying down. Can it still work? Or are the bacteria dead by now.
Dead by now?

Latest threads

Top Bottom