Strips or Liquid?

1. poefox Well Known Member Member

I use strips for testing my water. Is this alright or is the liquid better?

2. vin Well Known Member Member

Many of the folks here including me recommend the liquid test as they seem to be much more accurate. I started with strips and the readings were far different than that of the pet store I was going to who uses the liquid tests. Both Butterfly and Gunnie recommended that I get an Aquarium Pharmaceuticals Freshwater Master Test Kit. I found it on petsmart.com for half the price that I'd seen in stores.

It's proven to be much more reliable for me.

3. EmpPleco Well Known Member Member

The Aquarium Pharmaceuticals Freshwater Master Test Kit, proved my test trips inaccurate, and I would never use anything else ;)

4. Mike Fishlore Admin Moderator Member

I like the liquid tests too. Using them kinda makes you feel like a scientist. :)

I noticed that products online at petsmart and petco were cheaper too. I'm not sure why that is - maybe the local stores are franchises and individual store owners can mark up the prices locally and/or to pass the shipping costs on to the customer???

5. 0morrokh Fishlore VIP Member

hehe me too ;)
    Yeah, definately liquid. They are more accurate and they last a lot longer.

6. beckers4oranges Member Member

once you go liquid...you'll never go back... chemical testing done in any field of chemistry and/or biology is proven better and more accurate