Striped Raphael Catfish I Need To Rehome

10spall

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I have a striped raphael catfish that I bought on impulse. I have had him for about a year now and have since done some research. I have him in a 20 gallon tank and I know that he will need much bigger as he will get quite large. I do not want to upgrade to a larger tank as I am content with the size I have now. I would like to rehome him, but am not quite sure how or where to post him? Does anyone know if a chain pet store like PetCo or PetSmart would take him? Where else are good places to post him? I am not comfortable shipping as I have not done it before so I would appreciate ideas to relocate him locally. Thanks!

Iboughtmykidfish

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Sometimes pet stores have "adoption tanks" they probably wont pay you for taking the fish but if you ask very nicely they may be willing to give you some store credit, or even a few, more appropriate, replacement fish. Never hurts to ask, the worst they can do is say no. Kudos to you for doing whats best for your fish, good luck!

10spall

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I would rather give him to a pet store knowing he'll go to a better home. I might check with the local stores around me and hopefully someone will take him in! Thanks!

Toggle Sidebar

Advertisement

UV Sterilizers Worth It?

• Yes

Votes: 11 26.2%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • IDK - never used one before

Votes: 28 66.7%

Top Bottom