Striped Rafael Catfish tank mates?

1. Anthony10 Member Member

I'll be starting up my 30gallon very soon now, and I was looking for a bottom dweller/catfish or a pleco! So, how would a Rafael do in this setup? Or should I pick something else?

Stocking:

-5 Zebra Danios
    -6 Hatchetfish (Silver)
    -3 Guppies (I'm getting into breeding, so the females would be in the main tank until I see a gravies spot, then they would go into a 10g that I'm using for raising fry)

So, should a Rafael cat do well? Or should I look into something else? If I were to get something else, what could I get?

-Anthony

2. Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

Imo raphael's need more space, 50 gallons would be better. You could have a bristlenose plec instead

3. Anthony10 Member Member

Alrighty, no Rafael cat for me! I don't really want a Bristlenose cause everybody seems to have one, so I might look for something more "different" Maybe Oto's once the tank is cycled and up and running for awhile?

-Anthony

4. Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

There are other more unusual small plecs but they tend to be pricy.
    Wait a few months if you decide to get Oto's to let the tank mature, they will still need supplementary feeding with veg even in a mature tank

5. Anthony10 Member Member

Yeah, I found a Rio Negro on live aquaria for 13$! So that might be the pleco I end up getting.

-Anthony