Stringy white poop, is this an internal parasite?

Amnasajjad126

Hey guys, I have 1 goldfish in a 5 gallon tank soon to be in a 20 gallon tank still waiting to find a tank for her to be moved in. I have had her for 3 months. I perform 50% water changes every other day to ensure the water quality is good for her. I cannot test her water yet I am still finding the test it's a bit hard to find where I live so I perform frequent water changes instead until I can purchase it when it's in stock again. I have a filter running that also works as an air pump in the water.The temperature of the water is about 22 C usually the heater is off though since the tank is indoors. I feed her fish flakes soaked in aquarium water. She also has 1 fast day in the week. For the past 2-3 days I have noticed that she has been pooping clear white stringy stuff but then she also poops brown stuff (flake food color) and last night I noticed small white poop not stringy but a bit thicker. Her behavior has not changed that much, she seems the same to me but maybe she's a tiny bit slower. Her appearance seems healthy. Is this a sign of an internal parasite? Should I dose her with parasitic medication?

A201

Clear stringy poop doesn't always indicate an illness. As long as the Goldfish is eating & otherwise acting normally, likely no worries.
You might consider adding or switching brands of fish food.

Upvote 0

BlueGlofish

Hey guys, I have 1 goldfish in a 5 gallon tank soon to be in a 20 gallon tank still waiting to find a tank for her to be moved in. I have had her for 3 months. I perform 50% water changes every other day to ensure the water quality is good for her. I cannot test her water yet I am still finding the test it's a bit hard to find where I live so I perform frequent water changes instead until I can purchase it when it's in stock again. I have a filter running that also works as an air pump in the water.The temperature of the water is about 22 C usually the heater is off though since the tank is indoors. I feed her fish flakes soaked in aquarium water. She also has 1 fast day in the week. For the past 2-3 days I have noticed that she has been pooping clear white stringy stuff but then she also poops brown stuff (flake food color) and last night I noticed small white poop not stringy but a bit thicker. Her behavior has not changed that much, she seems the same to me but maybe she's a tiny bit slower. Her appearance seems healthy. Is this a sign of an internal parasite? Should I dose her with parasitic medication?
I think it's just poop with out food in it. I get that sometimes

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
AquaticYoungin
Replies
Views
Amnasajjad126
Replies
Views