Stringy java moss

ponitboss

Why is my java moss looking stringy? And can it return to it lush looking self? Both pics are the same moss all in my shrimp tank looks like that. I have one in a tank without any light an it looks wayyyyy better than this one under led lighting

Attachments

SM1199

It's hard to tell, but that almost looks like algae-infested moss as opposed to just moss. My moss, even when scraggly, still has visible tiny spiky leaves. Maybe it's just the photos not showing that in yours, but I don't see any on some strands, which makes me inclined to think some of that might be hair algae.

Your light might be too strong or on for too long for the moss. How long are your lights on?

ponitboss

SM1199 said:
It's hard to tell, but that almost looks like algae-infested moss as opposed to just moss. My moss, even when scraggly, still has visible tiny spiky leaves. Maybe it's just the photos not showing that in yours, but I don't see any on some strands, which makes me inclined to think some of that might be hair algae.

Your light might be too strong or on for too long for the moss. How long are your lights on?
Light is on for 6 hrs a day maybe to strong, I have in two bulbs i can take 1 out and see how it do. I have in 2 of these on a 36x18x18 tank .

Attachments

Top Bottom