Stressed fish and leaving for vacation - help, please!

SingingFish

This morning I noticed that one of my female guppies has a clamped top fin and some white poop hanging. She is in my 10 gallon, all female tank. I treated both of my tanks for possible fin rot two weeks ago and all fish have seemed fine. I see no other obvious signs of illness and leave tomorrow morning for a 5 day vacation. Someone will be here to feed the fish daily.

I am doing a water change today. Other than that, what shouldI do? I have one packet of Maracen left (not enough for a full treatment) and not sure if further bacteria is the problem. Can I leave it at the water change and wait for further signs upon return on Friday?

I don’t want to leave my Soul feeling unwell!

Thank you in advance!!

A201

The day before going on vacation be a good idea to make a 50% WC. Not a good idea to allow a solo sick fish to remain in the tank. You might return to find the entire Guppy population infected.
Not a good plan to nuke the tank w/ antibiotics & leave either. If you feel the need to medicate during vacation, maybe a relatively harmless herbal remedy such as Melafix.

Upvote 0

SingingFish

Thank you!

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Platy25
Replies
Views
philly27
Replies