Strawberry tetras? Blueberry tetras?

1. joules Initiate Member

???Is there actually such a tetra as a strawberry tetra and a blueberry tetra?  I supposedly bought some ad the pet store and have not been able to find any information about them on the site.  The only thing I seem to be able to find is information about white tetras being died because they don't naturally come in these colors!  Is this true?

If I would have known about this at the time, I probably would not have purchased them.  I keep reading about dyed, painting, and dipping them.  This is awful. :eek:

2. fish_r_friend Well Known Member Member

its true i hate the dyed fish they just dont look right :mad:

3. newbie101 Well Known Member Member

it not only looks bad, but it is so cruel :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: I told my mom about it, becaue we saw some at my lfs :mad: and she was mad and is going to ask them about it next time we go...

4. Gunnie Well Known Member Member

Yep. It's true. We have had a couple of threads come up recently about this:

https://www.fishlore.com/Forum/index.php?topic=611.0

https://www.fishlore.com/Forum/index.php?topic=1226.0

5. joules Initiate Member

:eek:Wow! I will certainly pay a little more attention to what I buy the next time. they were just so pretty.....

6. fish_r_friend Well Known Member Member

i don't buy them cause they are more prone to ich and they dont look right at all because you can tell if they have unatural colors

7. joules Initiate Member

Now, I have just been dealing with ich and these seem to be the only 3 fish that have not shown the symptoms? Weird.

8. Osiris Initiate Member

In my LFS they call those Fruity Tetras.

9. joules Initiate Member

:eek:

A couple of the fish stores in my area have these fishies. The poor little things. This will be my last purchase of those! I feel sad for the 3 that I have.

I guess I should ready alittle more before my next purchase.

10. 0morrokh Fishlore VIP Member

WHOEVER DIES THE POOR GUYS WATCH OUT FOR ME THAT IS SO INHUMANE IT SHOULD BE ILLEGAL THAT MAKES ME SOOOO MAD :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

11. Gunnie Well Known Member Member

Now that you know what they've been through, just give them a little extra love, and they will have a much better life in your tank than they probably would have had living somewhere else. ;)

12. LilaBean Member Member

omg-- good to know--thanks guys-- LILA