Strawberry tetras? Blueberry tetras?

joules

Reaction score
???Is there actually such a tetra as a strawberry tetra and a blueberry tetra?  I supposedly bought some ad the pet store and have not been able to find any information about them on the site.  The only thing I seem to be able to find is information about white tetras being died because they don't naturally come in these colors!  Is this true?

If I would have known about this at the time, I probably would not have purchased them.  I keep reading about dyed, painting, and dipping them.  This is awful.

fish_r_friend

Well Known Member
Reaction score
its true i hate the dyed fish they just dont look right >

newbie101

Well Known Member
Reaction score
it not only looks bad, but it is so cruel > > > > I told my mom about it, becaue we saw some at my lfs > and she was mad and is going to ask them about it next time we go...

Gunnie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Joules said:
???Is there actually such a tetra as a strawberry tetra and a blueberry tetra?  I supposedly bought some ad the pet store and have not been able to find any information about them on the site.  The only thing I seem to be able to find is information about white tetras being died because they don't naturally come in these colors!  Is this true?

If I would have known about this at the time, I probably would not have purchased them.  I keep reading about dyed, painting, and dipping them.  This is awful.
Yep. It's true. We have had a couple of threads come up recently about this:

joules

Reaction score
Wow! I will certainly pay a little more attention to what I buy the next time. they were just so pretty.....

fish_r_friend

Well Known Member
Reaction score
i don't buy them cause they are more prone to ich and they dont look right at all because you can tell if they have unatural colors

joules

Reaction score
Now, I have just been dealing with ich and these seem to be the only 3 fish that have not shown the symptoms? Weird.

Osiris

Reaction score
In my LFS they call those Fruity Tetras.

joules

Reaction score

A couple of the fish stores in my area have these fishies. The poor little things. This will be my last purchase of those! I feel sad for the 3 that I have.

I guess I should ready alittle more before my next purchase.

0morrokh

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
WHOEVER DIES THE POOR GUYS WATCH OUT FOR ME THAT IS SO INHUMANE IT SHOULD BE ILLEGAL THAT MAKES ME SOOOO MAD > > > >

Gunnie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Joules said:
A couple of the fish stores in my area have these fishies.  The poor little things.  This will be my last purchase of those!  I feel sad for the 3 that I have.

I guess I should ready alittle more before my next purchase.
Now that you know what they've been through, just give them a little extra love, and they will have a much better life in your tank than they probably would have had living somewhere else.

LilaBean

Valued Member
Reaction score
omg-- good to know--thanks guys-- LILA

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom