Strange White Bump

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish and Invertebrates' started by Shadow645, Aug 21, 2019.

1. Shadow645

Shadow645New MemberMember

Ratings:
    +0
    I have been monitoring a small white bump that has appeared on one of my angels.

When I first noticed it, it was quite small however over the last 2 weeks it has grown 3x that of the original size. As well it now has a redness around the point of attachment.

I have never seen this before and no other tank mates show any signs of sickness or irregular behavior. However patient 0’s behavior has also shown no change.

I have attached the best pictures I could achieve. Any and all help is appreciated, thanks.

*Edit 1*

I went out shortly after posting this thread to get some tank supplies and new plants, when I returned I noticed that the small bump has taken some damage (I assume) and segmented slightly, it is still attached to the main mass but seems to be dangling.

By observing this segmentation the bump does not appear to be a solid mass but rather more flesh like and malleable. I hope this helps in diagnoses.

*End Edit 1*

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 21, 2019
  2. Coradee

CoradeeModeratorModerator Member

Ratings:
    +3,999
    Experience:
    More than 10 years
    That’s a very pretty angel, as for the lump it almost looks like a wart, hopefully members who know more about these things will chime in today.

3. OP
    OP
    Shadow645

Shadow645New MemberMember

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks, I actually got him as a rescue attempt from a very poor quality pet smart, he was very close to dying but bounced back incredibly fast once I got him home.

Are warts dangerous? Should I start any precautionary methods?