Strange Web/thread Like Stuff :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToRo

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I have noticed a web like substance in my tank attached to the plants and ornaments. It reminds me of what you'd see on plants (not aquarium)that would have white flies. Very fine webbing and looks like some small white specks on it. Any idea what it could be? Also, when I do a water change it looks as if there are small fibers in my water when the fresh water mixes with the water that's already in there. Tests show that water parameters are good. I have a large mystery snail in there as well, and looks like some of it on it too. Any ideas anyone?

fjh

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I have noticed a web like substance in my tank attached to the plants and ornaments. It reminds me of what you'd see on plants (not aquarium)that would have white flies. Very fine webbing and looks like some small white specks on it. Any idea what it could be? Also, when I do a water change it looks as if there are small fibers in my water when the fresh water mixes with the water that's already in there. Tests show that water parameters are good. I have a large mystery snail in there as well, and looks like some of it on it too. Any ideas anyone?
Could you post a picture (s)

CarrieFisher

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
If the mystery material does NOT seem organic to you, By any chance, is your filter's fiber media breaking down?
If you even use that stuff?
Maybe its just had it and is breaking down?

Last edited:
OP
T

ToRo

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
How often should I change the filter - it's a Aqueon quiet flow for a 10 gallon tank

Tyler Fishman

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I change my filter Pads once a month. Dont do a water change after replacing this, it can disturb your cycle. Give time for your benificial bacteria to re-colonize it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Top Bottom