Strange stocking question (Anyone have Scarlet Badis experience?)

Dewclaw83

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
I would like feedback on this thought from people who have practical experience with Scarlet Badis, if possible, as I can/have read all the same things anyone else can, so that wouldn't be helpful in the slightest.

I will be receiving some Scarlet Badis and CPDs sometime soon, and was planning on doing just them in a tank. However, I have a female betta that I want to move out of her current community tank, and I was wondering if anyone who has had Scarlet Badis thinks she might be okay going in with them/it (I won't know until they arrive how territories work out and how they get along (or don't) so I can't say how many/few I'll have in the tank). Many sources say not to put bettas with badis, but I'm assuming they're thinking of males mostly. This female exists in a community tank just fine. She's not an over-exuberant feeder, so I wouldn't worry too much about her out competing the Badis... in fact I might worry about the opposite. As far as I know, Badis hang towards the bottom mostly (is this right?) and the CPDs/Betta would hang towards the top, so there shouldn't be too much territory conflict. When I was reading about this topic prior to asking, one of the concerns I saw raised were if the betta and badis were the same color - she is black and silver so color shouldn't be an issue. If we decide to maybe try this, I would, of course, have backup for the betta (I do already have backups for the badis). Think it might be worth a shot? Or should I just not even bother trying?

yeti79

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I don't have experience with them but check out The Secret History Living in Your Aquarium Youtube channel. He keeps and breeds scarlet badis and has very informative videos

New Threads

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Aquarium Photo Contests

Aquarium Calculator

Top Bottom