Strange spine

Tom

One of my harlequins, from the overhead view, has it's spine making an 'S' shape but not that extreme and it's color is faded around the black spot on it. I noticed it the other day and thought nothing of it. What could it be? Please help with advice as fast as humanly possilbe, I'm really worried about it, it was one of the first tropical fish I ever had.
Tom

0morrokh

Not sure...could be a deformity, although that's not likely if you haven't noticed it before. Is he showing any symptoms of disease?

Tom

I don't know if 'she' is showing any signs because she died over night and it is kind of hard now. But from what I can remember is that she was hiding in the corner the whole time (except for food) and going up to the surface to get some air every few minutes, she also stopped schooling with my other harlequins. She had also lost most of her color. She luckily was still her usual plumpiness(don't know if an official word(yet)).
Tom

0morrokh

Sorry to hear -she- died. Not sure what was wrong with her. I have heard somewhere that old fish can get curvy spines though --?

Tom

0morrokh said:
I have heard somewhere that old fish can get curvy spines though --?
I hope that was all that was wrong with her. I had her since the very beginning when I did a fish cycle after about a week of it being set up and I didn't know anything about fish. Now I have learned so much and every body that has fish comes to me for advice and I have helped about 2-3 people set up very successful tanks all because of this and the https://www.fishlore.com/ site.
Anywho, I got another one and it died after a few days and then got the replacement(warrenty fish) and it is doing great(knock on wood).
Tom

0morrokh

Glad to hear the new one is doing well.

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom