strange sickness - pearl gourami

1. shaybo Initiate Member

This is my first post so go easy on me please lol. I have hard my pearl gourami for approximately 4 years. It has always been a strong healthy fish. I purchased a new fish tank about 6 months ago and have a had a few deaths along the way but things had improved this past while. However about 2 weeks ago I noticed small white (yellowish) dots on the fishes scales. I have had a lot of experience with white spot, and this is not white spot. After a while the areas where the dots used to be become darker and almost like sores. They are generally located on top of the head and along the spine, with some along the body also. I have tried a 1 week round of anti fungas treatment but to no effect. Is thrre any option to post photos on these forums as I think it would make it easier to diagnose.

Thanks!

2. shaybo Initiate Member

Please see image below, again first time posting on this forum so not too sure how things work yet.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

3. DoubleDutch Fishlore VIP Member

Think this might be a case of Hole in the Head disease, which often shows with cichlids, but also can affect Gouramis.

4. shaybo Initiate Member

Thanks for your reply. Have you any experience with this disease? Any treatments etc? My gourami's condition has somewhat worsened today. Really does look on the verge of death. I would like to try and save him as he is my favourite fish in my tank and have had him the longest.

5. DoubleDutch Fishlore VIP Member

Happily not my own experience, but I remember threads on different fora about this. I know overhere for instance Esha Hexamita is used. But it's an internal / diet thing as well. Hoping members with more experience on this will jump in !!

6. shaybo Initiate Member

Anyone?

7. DoubleDutch Fishlore VIP Member