Strange Red Bump

Gracesea

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
My green sword tail has developed this strange bump and I have no idea what it is, I asked a couple people more experienced in the fish hobby if they knew what was wrong and they were clueless. She is swimming fine and shes eating, I don't remember seeing anything wrong with her until today. Any idea whats wrong? the water parameters are Amm: .25 almost 0 (im about to do a water change today) ph: 7

dLrCHPiwQp_m570OBeDgIf9Xr8H2UEl_my0zqbI4sBKid5gPXxeWWOYesa75F5S1uQYEAeE6D5QyI_8CgU0=w749-h998-no.jpg
ucYmgu4Mq0iqHlhn7yxUlDGjdnixhU_JE0j1hNJSkFKleU6nADYtcl9yhGVfKVDb-B2mRYyDDHi_WTiFVlQ=w749-h998-no.jpg
t7SF9F8gX7zVBMZHqXj8Jaof1bey6t_GE7KZlJLXtorSaVTjQBs7gBHyMoVrilC6fBc0AvO8alG2ETMlcnE=w749-h998-no.jpg

Fanatic

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Firstly, that is not a swordtail, it's a platy.
In the first picture, that red blotch, is that the bump you are referring to?

I would assume that since it's protruding outward, it might be a cyst or internal tumor.
For tumors, there is nothing you can do but just monitor its behavior.

Gracesea

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Firstly, that is not a swordtail, it's a platy.
In the first picture, that red blotch, is that the bump you are referring to?

I would assume that since it's protruding outward, it might be a cyst or internal tumor.
For tumors, there is nothing you can do but just monitor its behavior.
well its actually not a platy, its a female green swordtail but nvm that. I assumed it was a tumor but they don't normally appear like that on fish it looks more like blood trapped under the skin. I asked my local pet store where I bought her from and they said they have never seen anything like it before.

Fanatic

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
well its actually not a platy, its a female green swordtail but nvm that. I assumed it was a tumor but they don't normally appear like that on fish it looks more like blood trapped under the skin. I asked my local pet store where I bought her from and they said they have never seen anything like it before.
Sorry, I believe that it is a female swordtail.
You've never seen that red area until now? If so, I would assume it's blood.

Gracesea

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Sorry, I believe that it is a female swordtail.
You've never seen that red area until now? If so, I would assume it's blood.
yeah thats what im assuming i was just wondering why this happened like what could have caused it?

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom