Strange Question

Danirae

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I got my first aquarium, 7.5 gallons, for a goldfish that I got from the fair. After research I found out that a goldfish really needs to be in a pond. So I searched for someone with a pond willing to take him. I found someone on Facebook that said they would take him. Said she has a pond with goldfish and koI but when I asked for her address she didn't want to give it to me. She wants to meet me somewhere to pick him up. Should I be worried? I've become attached to this goldfish and if I can't properly care for him I want to make sure where he goes is a proper home

david1978

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Some people are weird about letting strangers kniw were they live. They have their property and fish pond to think of and the way people are today I think I would rather meet them some were then invite them to my home. That said I would only meet at a well light public place. Or ideally daytime at some were like a convenience store. You just have to be so careful any more. This isn't the same place it was ten years ago. Lol

_IceFyre_

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
It's possible they just don't want to give you their address for privacy's sake; it's a pretty common thing to do. Maybe ask for a picture of the pond with their face in it so you know they didn't get it off the internet.

THE HABITAT

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
The best place to meet is a police station. Maybe they can post pics to prove they have a pond then meet up ...your doing the right thing giving it the proper home..congrats on the win too

Fashooga

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Meet them at a public place like Walmart or something like that.

Meeting at a police station and you giving somebody a bagged item might show some kind of questionable acquisition, if you get my drift.

Mushishi

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Police stations are pick-up and drop-off stations for online purchases though. Its common practice

david1978

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I would feel safe enough at a convenience store or wallmart.

Katie13

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I would definitely ask to see a picture of their pond.

sfsamm

Well Known
Reaction score
I don't ever meet people from the internet at my home, not even in my neighborhood lol personal safety and all. But I'm a bit critical from working with law enforcement too. Always public, daylight and lots of people.

New Threads