Strange Patch On Dwarf Baby Tears Carpet

Discussion in 'Aquarium Plants' started by reptilepaul93, Apr 19, 2018.

1. reptilepaul93

reptilepaul93Valued MemberMember

Hi, I have this strange dark green patch on my dwarf baby tears carpet, any ideas?

Attached Files:

2. OP
    OP
    reptilepaul93

These are all well colored. But there is a dark green patch

Attached Files:

3. OP
    OP
    reptilepaul93

Update: Still no idea what this circle of potential death is, this morning on three-4 of the baby tears there was mold like substance growing on it.

Any ideas

4. aniroc

anirocWell Known MemberMember

I have no idea but I would pull out affected plants and hope that it will not reappear.
    Is there any water circulation?

5. -Mak-

-Mak-Well Known MemberMember

Hello, that is not dwarf baby tears. Looks like some of those grown-from-seeds plants.

Could you get a closer picture? To me it looks like either die off or cyanobacteria, but another picture would help :)

6. OP
    OP
    reptilepaul93

If not dwarf baby I wonder what it is... any ideas? Could it be Glossostigma

7. Fahn

FahnFishlore VIPMember

8. OP
    OP
    reptilepaul93

What do you guys think it is? If not dwarf baby tears, what else could it be?

9. -Mak-

-Mak-Well Known MemberMember

Not glosso, if you google images of dwarf baby tears and glossostigma you'll see that DBT is tiny and more flower-like, while glosso is single leaved. Yours are double leaved. They are not a standard plant in the hobby, so I don't think anybody knows for sure what they are.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice