Strange Injury On Danio

rubyachien

Reaction score
4527CA51-7F43-4FE2-8760-1132B91D3981.jpeg
D84BECD2-F933-4353-931C-742E0697F8E7.jpeg
I just added longfin leopard danios to a 5 year old tank. Last night I noticed one was moving slowly to get to food and this morning it has a pronounced white lump where its tail meets its body. It is swimming slowly and not easily. Any ideas?

Ms rose

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
His tail almost looks broken, is it possible he was in a fight with another fish?

JLeeM

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I could definitely be wrong, but look up symptoms of fish tuberculosis. If it's showing more symptoms, DO NOT reach into the tank without some kind of protective wear like long forearm length gloves. Not trying to scare you, but TB can be passed from animal to human. Either way, I'd take the fish out and quarantine it if you have a way to do so.

rubyachien

Reaction score
Ms rose said:
His tail almost looks broken, is it possible he was in a fight with another fish?
This is what I thought too. I haven’t seen any issues between any tankmates.

JLeeM said:
I could definitely be wrong, but look up symptoms of fish tuberculosis. If it's showing more symptoms, DO NOT reach into the tank without some kind of protective wear like long forearm length gloves. Not trying to scare you, but TB can be passed from animal to human. Either way, I'd take the fish out and quarantine it if you have a way to do so.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom