strange guppy behaviour - sick female guppy

emilai333

Valued Member
Reaction score
I think my female guppy Caoimhe may have Dropsy. She is very bloated (I didn't notice that she looked or acted strange this morning, and I noticed that she was bloated when I went to feed her this evening), but she's so small that I can't tell if her scales are sticking out. If it wasn't for the very SUDDEN change in size and the particular changes in behaviour, I would probably think she was pregnant. I moved her into QT and have been observing her. Mostly she sits on the bottom upside-down. Sometimes she rotates. Literally flips over 360 degrees in any direction. While she is sitting still, her fins are still moving a bit. Has anyone had a similar situation? At the moment all the fish meds I have are aquarium salt, ich cure, and half a bottle of betta fix. I've put some salt in, hopefully it helps. If she survives the night, what would be the best thing to try to help her?

Neville

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
i think guppies don't like salt ???!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rajs

Valued Member
Reaction score
aquarium salt is fine, they help prevent disease for guppies. also did this female were with male guppy for sometime. did she become big all of sudden.

wolfman21

Valued Member
Reaction score
The salt should work. It will hopefully suck out whatever is causing her to be bloated, hope everything works out well for ya!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom