Strange Friendships

SmallFishGuy
HI guys, just wondering if anyone has a weird mix of fish that seem to be really comfortable with each other I have a lemon goldfish and 6 leopard danios in my tank, they just about overlap with the temperature so they can live together but they live amazingly with each other

Attachments

• 827034C0-8EA3-45DD-8D9A-5BF67611BE16.jpeg
    827034C0-8EA3-45DD-8D9A-5BF67611BE16.jpeg
    116.3 KB · Views: 76
emmysjj
What size is your tank? It looks really small

delete999
Yes, that is too small for a goldfish.

Platylover
Not necessarily an odd mix of fish, but my bosamanI rainbow oldy would rather spend time with a rainbow shark than his own kind lol.

Not entirely sure why we are talking about tank size when the thread is about fish “friendships” though lol

emmysjj
Sorry I just noticed oops

WTFish?
Not a fish but I have a hitchhiker ramshorn snail that continually follows my nerite around. For the first month or so my nerite would go the other way as she was creepily being followed, lately she seems to accept it, they’re usually always close to each other now, lol.

SmallFishGuy
This is just a growoit tank for the goldfish, he will be put in a 20 gallon in a month or 2 with the danio’s but thank you Platylover for that, I hate when people just jump onto band wagons without knowing the story

emmysjj
Sorry, I didn't mean to, I just panicked.

SmallFishGuy
I understand that but I wasn’t asking about if the tank was too small

emmysjj
Didn't mean anything, sorry.

SmallFishGuy
It’s okay, maybe we can be best friends?

Mary765
Oddly enough my budgie loves spending time clinging to her cage bars next to the tank and chirping to my guppies, who always come over and "dance" in front of her! Its super adorable

bubblaroo
my father at one point had a single clown loach (I know I know) that would school with his discus fish in his 75G aquarium. It was quite a sight to behold.

SmallFishGuy
Oddly enough my budgie loves spending time clinging to her cage bars next to the tank and chirping to my guppies, who always come over and "dance" in front of her! Its super adorable
I also have a budgie next to the tank and he comes out and tries pecking at the fish and plants(he loves lettuce) it’s amazing!

sloughdog
I had a school of 6 emerald dwarf rasboras that dwindled to 1. I put that single EDR in my 20 long with just 3 peacock gudgeons at the time. I’ve since added more fish including 10 emerald dwarf rasboras but the original single EDR still likes to hang out with the gudgeons.

cadd
My koi is best friends with my goldfish. But then again, he's also pretty good friends with the 5 other smaller 6" comet housemates. He's just a friendly fish.

b293e877749933fa442d8123fdeaf815.jpg

SixThreeOh
My rainbow shark loves my tiger barbs. He swims around with them and directs them around.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
jpm995
Replies
Views
Hunter1
Replies
Views
Debbie1986
Replies
Views