strange eye

theyellowdartmti
Hello everyone! Long time no see! I have been busy on another forum for carnivorous plants.

Anywho...

I was just taking a look at my neons yesterday and I noticed that one of them had what looked like a silvery bubble/scratch on his/her right eye. I have a feeling he might be blind in this eye as he has been swimming slightly differently than usual. He stills seems happy and swims with the group, though.
I've noticed him and a few others rubbing up against the glass a few times (which has seemed to stop now). Could this be the cause?

I just would like to know what's wrong with him/her and if it'll be ok. Like I said, he seems to be fine right now.
I'll try and post pics when I get my new camera.

Thanks for any help!
-Matt

haddaj04
Can't help you there, but carnivorous plants! They have those for freshwater aquariums? What species is it! That's something I definitely need to look into...

theyellowdartmti
Can't help you there, but carnivorous plants! They have those for freshwater aquariums? What species is it! That's something I definitely need to look into...
Hehe, yeah, they're quite something! Actually the majority of them are land plants, there are a few aquatic bladderworts (Utricularia) though. I'm sure you could keep one in a fw tank.

Here's the forum I'm always on...
www.terraforums.com
If you join, make sure you put in that I told you about the site. My username is the same as it is here except without the "mti" at the end.

haddaj04
i'm def looking into some carnivorous plants, man that would be awesome

theyellowdartmti
bump
Please, I need some help!

theyellowdartmti
Update:
The silver eye buble has gone away! It took about a week or so.
Very Strange...

Evelyn1919
that must have been pretty weird. I once heard that if they are rubbing against decorations, tank or anything they might have parasites. i'm not 100% sure though so maybe you should look a little more into that.

theyellowdartmti
Hmm... Thanks for the idea. I'll have to do some investigating.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
tanya9oceana
Replies
Views
Grace4514
Replies
Views
MacZ
Top Bottom